[10 mins or less] Asparagus Basil Soba Noodles & Spiceful Soy Yogurt
This deliciously hearty & creamy lunch or dinner bowl will take you less than 10minutes! can you believe it? I mean, talk about a super speedy gonzalez meal!
Perfect for a busy and rushed day, because you still get to take care of your body and eat right. This is great as a to-go lunch too! just keep it in the fridge at work and you're all set.
This recipe is plant-based, vegan, and gluten free if you used gluten free soba noodles.
Give this bowl your love, and it'll give it right back to you. You'll feel on top of the world after enjoying this light and yet creamy rich bowl.
Ingredients for the Asparagus Noodles
- 80g soba noodles (or rice noodles or any pasta of your choice - just check how long it takes to cook and adjust the below method accordingly)
- 5 fresh asparagus
- 1 ttsp olive oil
- Pinch rock salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (optional)
Method for the noodles,
- In a pot, place cold water with a dash of salt and bring to boil
- Once the water is boiling, add in your soba noodles for 6 minutes exactly (that's for my organic Lima brand)
- CAREFUL! when you place the soba noodles, usually a white foam will form and build up. You need to blow on it continuously to prevent it from spilling everywhere, and/or place a wooden spoon on top of the pot to keep the foam from going overboard. Keep a good eye on your pot, don't just throw in your soba noodles and leave them.
- At 5minutes precisely, add in your asparagus and at 6 minutes, sift the pasta and asparagus and poor cool water on top to stop the cooking process and allow the asparagus to maintain their vibrant green color
- Place in your bowl on the left hand side as seen in the image above, with fresh basil leaves, olive oil, pinch of salt, black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice
- NOTE: you could substitute the soba noodles for rice noodles, which instead you dip in cold water on the side for 10minutes as you bring your water to boil, and then once the water in boiling you add the rice noodles for 5 minutes.
Ingredients for the Spiced Soy Yogurt
- 250g soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 2 tbsp dried chives (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
Method for the soy yogurt sauce
- Mix the soy yogurt, cumin, turmeric, chives, olive oil, salt, black pepper, chilli and fresh parsley. You can also add a touch of lemon juice and orange zest for a tangy note.
- Place the sauce on the right hand side of your bowl as seen below
Enjoy this meal by dipping the noodles into your sauce and slip away!
All my love xox
Thank you for reading and cooking with me!