The Vegan Cheese Sauce [3 Dishes to Try!]
The Cheese Sauce is here!!!! Get ready for some creamy, cheese, vegan deliciousness that'll knock your socks off. COMFORT FOOD, HELLOOOOOO!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you all. It is one of my absolute favorites!
I've been meaning to try nutritional yeast for a while now in order to create a vegan cheese and see what all the fuss is about. Well, let me tell you, the fuss is real! It's absolutely delicious, incredible and tastes exactly like cheese!
So creamy, so delicious, it'll leave you licking the spatula, and always wanting more.
Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast, sold in the form of flakes, yellow flakes or yellow powder. It resembles brewer's / beer yeast. It basically serves as a replacement for parmesan cheese. YUM. I bought my BRAGG Nutritional Yeast Seasoning on Amazon because I was having trouble finding it in stores in Paris.
All you need are 6 ingredients and your trusty blender. Let's do this!
What will you need?
- 300g silky tofu
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (fresh or powder)
- 1/2 or 1 tsp garlic puree or 1/2 garlic clove ( 1 tsp of garlic puree if you're a garlic fan)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried chives (or fresh)
Blend all the ingredients together (if you are using fresh chives, mix all ingredients except the fresh chives, then add them at the very end and pulse only).
Then, that's when the fun starts! There are so many different ways to enjoy this yummy cheesy sauce.
(1) Noodles with this cheesy sauce to make a super cheese, rich, comfort food noodle dish (as seen below)
(2) Or you can add a generous dollop on top of your peas, sautéed mushrooms, spinach, avocado, & brown rice buddha bowl (below, on the right hand ride)
(3) Or as a spread, on Sweet Potato Cheese Mushroom Toasts