Apple Cinnamon Oat Loaf-Cake-Muffins [Vegan]
Want a cake that is super anti-inflammatory, has blood pressure and cholesterol reducing properties? Is it a cake? Is it a loaf? Or maybe you'd prefer to make apple cinnamon muffins? Below you'll find both the loaf-cake format and muffin one.
Regardless of what you choose to call this new creation of mine, this spiceful treat is light, warm and will comfort you during these winter months.
Try it. All you need is 5 mins to prep/blend and 25mins to bake.
Apple Cinnamon Oat Cake heaven awaits!
This deliciousness can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert. & it's vegan!
What do you need? Have a look see below and let's get baking!
- 1 cup zucchini (heart only - see method for explanation)
- 2 cups oats
- 1 large red apple (or 2 small ones)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 large tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dried white mulberries (if not available, substitute for 1/3 cup chopped mejdool dates)
- 1 handful or 13 hazelnuts (optional - you could substitute for pecans too!)
You can either choose to make apple cinnamon muffins (above) in a silicon mold, or a loaf format in a square 10x10cm mold (below)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Peel your zucchini with a large blade peeler, until you get to the center where the seeds start to appear. Store your zoodles or zucchini noodles for later for a salad/dinner/lunch, as we will only be needing that middle part, the part that is seedy
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned above, except for the chia seeds, mulberries and hazelnuts
- Once you've blended the mixture well, add in your chia seeds, mulberries, and hazelnuts and just PULSE to mix them in gently
- Place in the oven for 25 mins
- Once it is colored/caramelized and slightly hardened at the top, take it out, let it cool and then DEVOUR!
Enjoy this super warm, spicy & comforting treat xoxo Perfect for a cold winter day.