The Berry Cherry Cake
Looking for a dessert that is fresh & fruity? That is easy to make and requires only a cake mold (15cm x 15cm), a blender, and a couple of simple ingredients?
Join me in making this yumminess :)
Ingredients for the cake base
- 6 pitted mejdool dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (hellooooo protein!)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a dough like consistency. This may take a little bit of time, seeing as the nuts are quite stubborn to grind.
- Place/line parchment paper inside your mold of choice (15cm x 15cm) and lay the blended crust mixture down evenly
- Place the crust in the freezer while you work on your berry cherry filling for about 10 mins
Ingredients for the berry cherry filling
- 1 cup red fruits (raspberries, but you can also mix in blueberries)
- 1/2 cup black cherries (I had the store bought frozen ones, from Picard, a store in Paris that sells all frozen goods)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the hard white part, not liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Place the filling over your crust, spreading it evenly, and leave it in the freezer to sit for at least 3 hours or keep in the fridge overnight, which is what I usually opt for (the overnight option); it allows the flavors to rest and be absorbed better.
What's left to do? Add some toppings, such as coconut flakes or hemp seeds. Make it pretty! Remember, we do eat with our eyes too :)