The 'I NEED CHOCOLATE NOWWW' 5 mins Chocolate Chia Pudding
Do you have those moments after lunch or dinner where you're like omg I need chocolate NOW. like RIGHT NOW, as if you hadn't even eaten? Yes? No? Am I alone on this one? Ha.
Anyhoo, that happens to me quite often and especially in the winter time when you just need some comfort food to get you through all that rain and gloominess.
So, I have created my usual go to, super-speedy, super-chocolatey, super-delicious chocolate chia pudding that will have you doing cartwheels in your living room; that's how happy you'll be.
Come and create this wonderful chocolate dessert with me, that will leave you feeling all warm and wonderful inside.
- 1.5 tbsp raw cacao
- 2-3 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup (depending how sweet you want it, remember the chocolate chips will also add an element of sweetness at the end)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (just the white hard part, not the liquid part)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flakes or millet flakes or oats
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Dark chocolate chips (Topping - vegan or not)
- Pumpkin seeds (Topping - optional)
- Grilled hazelnuts (Topping - optional)
- In a pot, add all ingredients (except for the chia seeds and the toppings of course)
- Mix well to ensure the raw cacao has diluted and melted into the coconut cream and almond milk mixture
- Bring to boil then reduce the heat down to low for 2 more minutes
- You can always add a touch of almond milk or coconut cream if when it is boiling you find it is evaporating too quickly. I like to keep the mixture thick and creamy, not watery, I enjoy the texture much more and it feels richer.
- Turn off the heat and add in your chia seeds and mix well
- Add your toppings and voilaaaa
My favorite part is when those dark chocolate chips melt on top of your chocolate chia pudding, so good so good so good! try it :) xoxo