Chocolate Coconut [Zucchini] Cake!
It sounds a little strange putting zucchini in your chocolate cake, doesn't it?
It may sound strange, yes, but it is delicious! and you get greens in your dessert! Major WIN-WIN!
It may look like a long list of ingredients, but trust me, once you get these goodies, you can store them easily and make loads of yummy recipes more often since you finally have them at home! These are basic ingredients I always have handy at home :)
What do you need?
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup heart of the zucchini (will explain in method) Basically, you'll need 1 zucchini on hand for this recipe.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 large tbsp maizena (corn starch)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup & agave mix (half and half; or you can just choose one or the other; anything goes!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or coconut milk or hazelnut milk)
- 1 handful of raw hazelnuts or pecans (or both!)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (vegan or not)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Peel your zucchini with a large blade peeler, until you get to the center where the seeds start to appear. Store your zoodles or zucchini noodles for later for a salad/dinner/lunch, as we will only be needing that middle part, the white part that is seedy
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned above, except the handful of hazelnuts/pecans and the dark chocolate chips
- Grab a round 15x15cm mold or something of similar size, grease it up with a touch of olive oil or coconut oil
- Poor your chocolate mixture into the mold
- Then add your nuts and dark chocolate chips on top, pressing gently for the nuts to be half into the mixture and half out (as seen in the picture above)
- Place in the oven for 20mins and indulge!
I hope you'll enjoy this cake as much as I did! also, you get the perks of telling people you put zucchini into your cake instead of butter or unnecessary greasy fats! Yay for us! XOXO Lots of love, thank you for reading and thank you for baking.
I am always available if you'd like to write me, leave comments, share feedback. Below or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Love, Gratitude, Always.