Choco Banana Almond Oat Cake
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BLISS
I love baking cakes, brownies, and testing energy balls off the top of my head. It's so fun, it allows me to be creative and doesn't constrain me to any rules.
And of course, when the experiment is a success; well, that's the best part.
This delectable chocolate almond cake is fluffy, super chocolatey and melts in your melts. I of course added a little bit of crunch with the almonds because I love to play around with textures, it makes it more interesting.
This cake serves 2-4 people, it takes literally 5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to bake.
Shall we welcome the chocolate almond food coma together? Follow me!
This cake is vegan if the chopped dark chocolate bits you use are vegan, otherwise it is non.
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup maizena (corn flour)
- 2 to 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp chopped raw almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven @180C
- Chop up some whole raw almonds and baking dark chocolate (vegan or not) for later
- Mix all ingredients in your blender, except for the chopped whole almonds and chopped baking dark chocolate
- Grease your round 20x20cm mold, using coconut oil or olive oil
- Then pour the mixture into the mold and top it off with the chopped raw almonds and dark chocolate bits (as seen in the photo above)
- Bake for 18-20mins @180C (to check if it is ready, simply slide a knife into the cake and if it comes out clean, you are done!)
- Once it is ready, take it out of the oven and let cool
Enjoy my lovies!