Cauliflower, Potato, & Spinach in a Cumin, Chives & Turmeric Soy Yogurt Sauce
Looking for something creamy & comforting?
Something carbilicious? Potatoes
Anti-Inflammatory & immune boosting? cumin & turmeric
This recipe will take 30 minutes tops! All you need is a steamer, a bowl, and your ingredients.
Let's do this!
Prep = 10 minutes
Cook time = 23 minutes
Serves 1 person if it is your main dish, or can be shared between 2 people if it is an entrée.
- 100g cauliflower
- 30g spinach
- 1 potato (medium sized)
- 270g soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 2 tbsp dried chives (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 3 toasted hazelnuts (topping)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Orange zest (optional)
- Wash and peel the potato, cut into thin slices. Place the pieces in the steamer for 23 minutes.
- Wash and trim the cauliflower florets, and after 16minutes have passed since you added your potatoes, place the cauliflower in the steamer for 7 minutes, like this it'll all finish together
- Wash the spinach and lay in the steamer for the last 1-2 minutes [before your 23mins are up].
- While your veggies are cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing soy yogurt, cumin, turmeric, chives, olive oil, salt, black pepper, chilli and fresh parsley. You can also add a touch of lemon juice and orange zest for a tangy note.
- Pour the cooked and warm vegetables in the sauce, and enjoy!