The Happy Quinoa Buddha Bowl [Vegan + GF]
Now how about this 3️⃣0️⃣mins buddha bowl? What's in it exactly you may ask? Well, let me tell you 🙂
1. Tricolore quinoa with parsley, basil, lemon, olive oil, salt, black pepper, Cayenne pepper, flaked almonds
2. Sautéed mushrooms in olive oil, with garlic, white onion, white pepper, salt and some fresh parsley to finish
3. Baby crunchy corn with lemon and a mix of lin seeds, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds
4. Finally, a fresh baby tomatoes salad
Let's get into the kitchen my loves and make something good for our bodies.
Here we go.
Ingredients for the quinoa salad
- 1 cup Tricolore quinoa (with black, white and red) - of course, if you just have plain white, or red, or black that will do as well.
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp Almond flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- pinch of Salt
- pinch of Black Papper
- A good squeeze of Lemon
- a sprinkle of Cayenne pepper (optional, for those who aren't fans of the spicy)
- Poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, lin seeds (optional)
Method for the quinoa
- In a pot, add 1 cup of quinoa
- Then add 3 cups of cold water
- Add a pinch of salt
- Bring to boil
- Once the water is boiling, turn down the heat to low
- Let it cook for about 15 mins
- Stir to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of your pot
Another way would be to,
- Place cold water in a pot with a pinch of salt
- Bring to boil
- Add in your cup of quinoa
- Stir to avoid it sticking at the bottom
- Let it cook for about 10mins so it remains a little crunchy
Once the quinoa is done, add in the seasonings and toppings and mix well together.
Ingredients for the mushrooms
- 1 cup of white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce - tamari is gluten free soy sauce)
- Pinch of White pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Method for the mushrooms,
- Peel the mushrooms and chop finely
- In a non-stick pan, place on high heat with a touch of olive oil to start
- Once the pan/olive oil is hot, place in your white onion and garlic with a touch of salt and white pepper
- Let them sweat for about 3minutes, then add in your mushrooms and mix well
- You can reduce the heat to avoid the mushrooms burning, but you want them to color a bit (without being burnt)
- After 3 minutes or so, add in your 2 tbsp or soy sauce or Tamari which is gluten-free soy sauce
- Mix well and let it sit for 3-5 minutes and once your mushrooms look like they'll melt in your mouth and have well absorbed the tamari sauce, you are good to go!
The cooking is done! now chop up some tomatoes, sprinkles them with a bit of olive oil and salt and place on one side of the bowl
& finally grab a can of organic corn, drain the water and add some to the side too.
Mix it all together and it's a party in your mouth!
Happy Day, Happy Quinoa Buddha Bowl.
I hope you enjoy it my lovelies xoxo