Beetroot, Leek, Carrot & Basil Mustard Stew
Do you love mustard? I do I do.
How about leeks? mmmmmm.
Not a fan of beets? No problemo, skip em'
Try this. It is different. The sauce is scrumptious.
Creamy, a little spicy and totally earthy.
Prep 5 mins
Cook time 10mins
YUM. Great for a quick dinner idea
- 1/2 beetroot or 1/3 if it is large
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil
- The beetroot- I would recommend doing this the night before. Wash and scrub the beetroot, then boil it until it is soft and tender for about 20-30 minutes (depending on the beetroot's size)
- Let it cool down, place in the fridge
The next day,
- Peel and cut your beetroot into small pieces
- Peel your carrots
- Clean, wash and shop up the white part of the leek
- In a pot, add a touch of olive oil then add your leeks on high heat
- Season with a pinch of salt and let it sweat for a few minutes
- Then add in our tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Turn down the heat to medium and let it sweat some more
- Add in your carrots and let them sweat too
- after 3-4 minutes, add in your almond milk and bring to boil
- Once it is boiling turn the heat off
- Add in your already cooked beetroot pieces
- Add in your chopped fresh basil and a touch of black pepper
- And voila! Enjoy :)