Raw Vegan Banana & Caramel Cake
I love dates.
And not just because I am originally from Dubai, but because you can do so much with these beauties, and they bring such sweetness into our lives.
A few fun facts about dates:
- There are over 1000 date varieties in the world.They grow in warm climates such as the Middle East, California, Arizona, and Florida.
- They grown on palm trees and are considered a fruit.
- Dates are naturally sweet, but good for you. Eating one or two dates in the morning, and using dates to avoid artificial sweeteners is a great idea.
What will you need to make this rich, moist and oh so sweet cake, you ask?
For the CRUST
- 1/3 cup Oats
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds, Raisins & Pistachio (mix)
- 1/2 cup dates or 5 dates
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Pinch of Salt
For the FILLING
- 4 Dates
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Vanilla pod or 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the base,
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a dough like consistency. This may take a little bit of time, seeing as the nuts are quite stubborn to grind.
- Place/line parchment paper inside your mold of choice (15cm x 15cm) and lay the blended crust mixture down evenly
- Place the crust in the freezer while you work on your caramel banana filling for about 10 mins
For the banana & caramel filling,
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy. This can take up to 5-7minutes to blend properly.
- Place the filling over your crust, spreading it evenly, and leave it in the freezer to sit for about 2 hours or keep in the fridge overnight.