Homemade Hazelnut Spread
Hello my healthy troopers!
I hope this post finds you all doing well and having a great week so far.
Now, who doesn't, or hasn't enjoyed nutella in their lifetime? I think most of us have, haven't we?
But apparently is has been proven to be quite unhealthy. So, I've decided to make my own, homemade hazelnut spread; an ulternative to the 'not so healthy' nutella.
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have!
- 135g Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 120ml Almond Milk
- 70ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Maca powder (I used Organic Burst's Maca mix)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 15g Raw Cacao Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Place parchment paper on your baking tray then lay out your 135g of hazelnuts
- Place in the oven for about 10-15mins until the raw hazelnuts become golden brown and toasted
- Once you are done toasting your hazelnuts (you can also just buy then already roasted from the market), please all the ingredients in your blender and mix for about 10 mins until smooth
- The texture will remain slightly granular. If you do not enjoy that, just add 15ml more of almond milk
You can enjoy this spread in the morning for breakfast, by spreading it across your multigrain crackers or bread, and you can also enjoy it by adding it to chopped pieces of banana.