Pumpkin Breakfast Tartine with Almond Butter & Raw Cacao
From Sweet potato tartines to pumpkin tartines.
Packed with vitamins, iron, fiber, and super low in calories.
Vegan, gluten free & almost too pretty to eat!
Serves 1 person (if 1/4 pumpkin or 1 slice). Can serve up to 4 if full pumpkin.
- 1 entire pumpkin (or 1/2 or 1/4 - I used a full one because I wanted to make 3 pumpkin recipes in one shot)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (if you cut a slice of pumpkin or butternut)
- 1 tsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp dark chocolate chips (vegan or not)
- 1 Mejdool date
- 1/2 banana
- Pre-heat oven at 200C
- Yesterday I had an entire Blue Pumpkin in my fridge, so i actually baked the entire this by simply putting the entire pumpkin on my baking tray, on a baking sheet in the oven for an hour at 200C (lowering the temperature at 180C after 40mins)
- Once the skin becomes soft, take out your pumpkin, let it cool and then the skin should peel right off
- I simply chopped off a slice of pumpkin once it cooled off
- If you do not want to bake an entire pumpkin, you can simply bake 1/4 pumpkin or 1 pumpkin slice or 1 butternut slice @200C for 20 mins drizzled with some maple syrup
- Once the pumpkin tartine is ready, top it off with the toppings mentioned above or any toppings of your choice and indulge!