Tomato Basil Noodles with Spinach & Avocado [Vegan + GF]
This recipe takes 20-30mins tops!
It is deliciously healthy and fresh.
Vegan + Gluten Free
Fresh with all that basil!
Serves 1 person
For the Rice Noodles,
- 80-100g rice noodles
Method for the rice noodles,
- In a pot, place cold water with a dash of salt and bring to boil
- While waiting for the water to boil, dip your rice noodles in cold water for about 5-10 minutes
- Once the water is boiling, remove the rice noodles from the cold water and add them to the boiling water; let cook for 5 minutes (or check your rice noodle package in case it indicates otherwise)
- CAREFUL! when you place the rice noodles, usually a white foam will form and build up. You need to blow on it continuously to prevent it from spilling everywhere. Keep a good eye on your pot, don't just throw in your soba noodles and leave them.
- At 5 minutes precisely, rid the noodles of the water in the pot, and place noodles back into the now empty pot.
- NOTE: you could substitute rice noodles for soba noodles or any other pasta, just be sure to check the instructions with regards to the time it needs to boil/cook.
Ingredients for the Tomato Sauce
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 8 oz of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato Concentrate
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ½ cup of Basil, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste (1 tsp should be fine)
- ½ tsp Salt (optional, because of tomato concentrate)
Simply blend all ingredients together in your food processor.
Otherwise, you could also buy from your organic store an already made tomato basil sauce.
+ Mix of Seeds
+ Fresh basil
Once both elements are done, place everything into the pasta pot, add fresh spinach and mix
Then serve into your plate, add a mix of seeds of your choice (I used hemp seeds, lin seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds), add basil leaves, avocado, and indulge!
XOXO all my love. Be happy, be healthy, be well with yourself, your mind, your body.