Spirulina Rice Noodles, Red Onions, Avocado & Fresh Herbs
I know, I know. I am addicted to noodles. I admit it!
But why not eat something that makes you feel so happy, so good, so peaceful,
and so satisfied? and, that's healthy!
20 mins tops!
Serves 1 person
- 80-100g Rice noodles
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1/4 red onions
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh chives (optional)
- Olive oil
- Garlic (optional)
- Lemon (juice)
- Rosemary (optional)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 avocado
For the Rice Noodles,
- 80-100g rice noodles
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh coriander
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh chives
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
Method for the rice noodles,
- In a pot, place cold water with a dash of salt and bring to boil
- While waiting for the water to boil, dip your rice noodles in cold water for about 5-10 minutes
- Once the water is boiling, remove the rice noodles from the cold water and add them to the boiling water; let cook for 5 minutes (or check your rice noodle package in case it indicates otherwise)
- CAREFUL! when you place the rice noodles, usually a white foam will form and build up. You need to blow on it continuously to prevent it from spilling everywhere. Keep a good eye on your pot, don't just throw in your soba noodles and leave them.
- At 5 minutes precisely, rid the noodles of the water in the pot, and place noodles back into the now empty pot.
- Add your tsp of spirulina, your lemon juice, and your chopped fresh herbs & mix well
- NOTE: you could substitute rice noodles for soba noodles or any other pasta, just be sure to check the instructions with regards to the time it needs to boil/cook.
Method for the roasted red onions,
- Preheat the oven @200C
- Cut & peel the red onion
- Cut into quarter and then cut that quarter into thin slices
- On a baking tray place a baking sheet and lay down your individual pieces of red onions
- sprinkle with some olive oil, thyme and rosemary (or oregano), and a pinch of salt
Method for the tahini sauce,
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp tahini, the juice of 1/2 lemon, (1/2 garlic clove - optional) and mix
- You can add a bit of water to adjust the consistency if it is too thick
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper
Once you have completed all of the three elements (the red onions, the noodles & the sauce)
Mix your red onions to your pasta and place in a bowl,
Then add in your avocado,
& finally drizzle that sauce! YUM.