Garlic Noodles with Onions & Chives [Heart Health + Immune Booster]
Warning: no vampires allowed.
This dish is a full on heart health and immune system booster with tons of garlic & onions,
and believe me, it is divine!
Vegan + GF
- Soba noodles
- 1/2 White onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder (or fresh coriander)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (black pepper ok too)
- 1 tsp blond sesame seeds (optional)
- A dash of salt
- 2 tbsp Tamari (or Soy Sauce) - Tamari is just gluten free soy sauce
- 1 Tsp olive oil (or Sesame oil)
Method for the noodles,
- In a pot, place cold water with a dash of salt and bring to boil
- Once the water is boiling, add in your soba noodles for 6 minutes exactly (that's for my organic Lima brand)
- CAREFUL! when you place the soba noodles, usually a white foam will form and build up. You need to blow on it continuously to prevent it from spilling everywhere. Keep a good eye on your pot, don't just throw in your soba noodles and leave them.
- At 6 minutes precisely, rid the pasta of the water in the pot, and place the pasta/noodles back in the pot.
- NOTE: you could substitute the soba noodles for rice noodles, which instead you dip in cold water on the side for 10minutes as you bring your water to boil, and then once the water in boiling you add the rice noodles for 5 minutes.
Method for the garlic & onion garniture,
- Peel & chop your white onion, garlic & chives finely
- In a pan, add a drop of olive oil on high heat and once it is hot, add in your onion & garlic
- Season with a dash of salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper (optional or fresh black pepper), 1.5 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ginger powder) and 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- Mix well, then reduce the heat to medium and add in 2 tbsp of water (meaning just a little bit) to avoid the garlic and onions from burning
- Once the water is absorbed, add in 2 tbsp of water again and repeat for about 15-20mins until the onions and garlic are soft and cook (you can cook them a little less if you'd like a more potent flavor and some crunch)
- Once it is ready, add your mixture into the already ready pasta. Mix well, to evenly distribute the ingredients, then add in 2 tbsp of soy sauce (or tamari) and 1 tsp of olive oil (or 1 tsp of sesame oil)
- Mix well & then top it off with some fresh chives and fresh coriander if you'd like.
Enjoy beauties! xoxo
Don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.