Sweet Potato Breakfast Bites, with Figs, Banana, Almond Butter, Nuts & Superfoods
My latest breakfast obsession, SWEET POTATO.
From tartines to bites, this baby is absolutely delicious and gives you such a great inner feeling of satisfaction, you must try it!
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter (I love it so much I usually put 2, can't help myself) - you could also substitue for peanut butter if you want to get some more protein in, and if your obsession is peanut butter rather than almond. I don't judge :)
- 1 fig
- 1 tsp goji berries
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds (optional) - you can substitute for fresh blueberries or raspberries
- A few grilled unsalted hazelnuts
- A few raw walnuts (you can replace the nuts by any other nuts you may have handy, I just recommend that they be unsalted and raw, in order to ensure they are good for you and your body)
- 1 tsp hemp seeds (if you do not have these available, you can substitute for lin seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds - any seed really)
I try to always ensure my recipes are relatively flexible, so even if you do not have one of the ingredients, do not be discouraged! Write to me also if you'd like to know more about possible substitutes, that is what I am here for.
- Pre-heat the oven @200C
- Peel & cut your sweet potato into thin, bit sized round pieces
- Lay your sweet potato down on parchment paper, brushed on both sides with maple syrup
- Place on baking tray and bake for about 20mins (it depends how thinly you sliced them, so it could take less time or longer. Just be sure to keep an eye on them)
- Once your sweet potato are nice and golden, add all of your toppings of choice listed above and indulge.
Thank yourself for making yourself such a healthy, vitamin-packed breakfast that is good for your mind, body and soul.
Be proud of yourself. Be grateful for this wellness treat before you.
All my love xoxo