Super Sporty Saturday Sweet Potato Tartines
I love waking up on a Saturday morning and preparing my breakfast before I head off to my Zumba class. It's become my Saturday ritual.
This morning I decided to prepare this super-charged, super-vitamin-packed sweet potato breakfast.
These sweet potato toasts or tartines will leave you feeling so well inside and are the perfect way to get your day started off.
Sweet potato is one of the world's healthiest foods.
1️⃣Antioxidant nutrients & Vitamin A
2️⃣Protects against heavy metals
4️⃣Helps improve blood sugar levels
- 1/2 a sweet potato
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1 mejdool date
- 2 tsp Pomegranate
- 1 tsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Fig
- 2 tsp dried white mulberries
- Pre-heat the oven @200C
- Lay your sweet potato down on parchment paper, brushed on both sides with maple syrup
- Place on baking tray and bake for about 20-30mins (it depends how thinly you sliced them, so it could take less time or longer. Just be sure to keep an eye on them)
- Once they are tender and golden orange, you are set.
- Both toasts are drizzled with almond butter.
- The one on the left is topped with banana, dates, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate
- And the one on the right is topped with figs and dried white mulberries.