5mins Lebanese Fatteh [Vegan & GF]
Have you heard of Lebanese Fatteh? A deliciously creamy, spice-filled Lebanese dish made with yogurt, chickpeas, cumin, garlic, lemon, tahini, coriander, pine nuts? It can also be made non-vegetarian for meat lovers with chicken.
It is one of my absolute favorite dishes I must admit, and yet I do not get to enjoy it enough, and I must admit I actually do forget about it sometimes.
But today, being pressed for time and looking at the contents of my refrigerator, I was inspired to make this super speedy, 5 minutes non-traditional Lebanese Fatteh that is Vegan & Gluten free.
5 mins prep
Vegan & Gluten Free
- Chickpeas (ready to serve/use in glass jar preferable to can)
- 1.5 cups of organic soy yogurt (no flavoring, just natural)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 or 1tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp cumin
- Handful of chopped basil
As you can see a lot of the elements are already ready, you just have to put them together.
- In a bowl add your soy yogurt
- In a pot, add your chickpeas with the olive oil, cumin and salt and heat gentle for about 2-3minutes just to get it a little warm
- Add the chickpeas on top of your yogurt, squeeze the lemon and add the chopped basil
- Mix all together and enjoy