Duo Zucchini, Avocado, Parsley Salad
When you get home after a long day at work (or Uni or school), and you want something fresh, super quick and not too heavy before bed, this salad is just what you need.
I am someone who loves carbs; but sometimes, if I eat pasta (for example) at night, I have a tough time digesting. These green zucchini tagliatelles, or ‘faux pasta’ are one of my favorite tricks to play on my mind… and stomach.
Prep Time: 10 mins
- Green zucchini
- Yellow zucchini
- Sesame Seeds
- Celeri salt (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Sherry vinegar or Tamari (Tamari = gluten free soy sauce)
- Using a peeler (preferably a wide blade peeler if you want the tagliatelle effect), peel your green zucchini into your ‘faux pasta’
- For the yellow zucchini, you can just cut them into round shapes or half moons
- Cut your parsley and slice your avocado and voila! Dinner is served.
- Just drizzle on the dressing, add some linseeds and sesame seeds for crunch
Crunchy, Fresh, Light
Zucchini contains anti-inflammatory properties
Zucchini can promote weight loss if used to substitute higher calorie ingredients (such as pasta for instance) ... only 20 calories for 1 cup
Zucchini can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure
Zucchini is Vitamin C loaded
*Note: All nutrition information are estimates. I am not a certified nutritionist.