Beetroot, Cumin & Orange Dip
‘Tis the season to be beetiful!
I know we all love the traditional go-to dips such as guacamole, hummus, etc. but why not change it up when it’s this easy?
Cumin has a very distinctive earthy, spicy, nutty flavor with hints of lemon. When added to any recipe I find it provides warmth and comfort.
In addition, Cumin is known for its numerous health benefits such as its ability to aid in digestion, boost immunity, and treat insomnia, respiratory disorders, and cancer.
Serves: 2 persons
Prep time: 10 mins
- 2 Cooked beetroots (preferable to Raw, easier to blend)
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Turmeric (optional, for immune system additional boost)
- ½ or 1 Orange juice
- 1.5 tsp Tamari or Soy sauce
- Grilled hazelnuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hemp seeds
Tip: check out my Can't Beet This Smoothie Bowl recipe (it also includes how to boil/cook beets)
- Place all your ingredients in a blender
- Blend until all ingredients are pureed
For the Baked Nutmeg Parsnip Chips recipe, click here!
Earthy, Spicy, Nutty