Raw Blueberry Cheesecake
Happy Sunday! I hope you all had / are having a lovely weekend.
This morning I decided to tackle a recipe that has been on my mind for a while.
I am a big fan of blueberries. A good blueberry has a floral note at its forefront, which combined with a creamy fruity finish makes for a delicious snack or ingredient in any recipe. They can be enjoyed raw or even cooked to bring out their aromas further.
This recipe as per usual is quite simple, packed with antioxidants (the blueberries & chia seeds), and a fruit-filled haven.
Bonus: The crust recipe can be made into an energy ball as well. Talk about two birds with one stone.
Here we go!
Prep time: 25 mins
Serves 4 people
For the CRUST
- 3 Mejdool dates
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- ¼ cup Pistachios (25g)
- ¼ cup Chia seeds (20g)
- ½ cup Almond powder (40g)
- 1 pinch of salt
For the BLUEBERRY CREAM
- ½ cup raw Cashews (60g)
- ¾ cup Coconut cream (70g)
- 1 tbsp Agave syrup (or any natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1 Lemon juice
- 40g Raspberries
- 110g blueberries
- ½ vanilla bean pod or ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Fresh blueberries (blueberry overload, I agree)
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped raw almonds
- For the crust, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend
- Place/line parchment paper inside your mold of choice and lay the blended crust mixture down evenly
- Place the crust in the freezer while you work on your blueberry cream for ±10 mins
- For the blueberry cream, also combine all ingredients in your food processor and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy
- Place the blueberry cream over your crust, spreading it evenly, and leave it in the freezer to sit for about 2 hours or keep in the fridge overnight.
- Before feasting, make sure you keep the cake out at room temperature ±20mins so it isn’t too cold or frozen.