Summer watermelon, peach & cucumber salad
I usually have fruits for breakfast but today, I was craving fruits for lunch too. There is no rule against that is there?
And if there is, well... I must say breaking the rules sure does taste good.
This refreshing salad is sweet, juicy, simple, and will keep you hydrated and cool in the summer heat.
It is easy to put together, quick, and hassle free.
Prep Time: 10 mins
- Goji Berries (superfood alert!)
- Mulberries (superfood alert!)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Honey or Agave
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the cucumber any way you like (I had cut them into half moons)
- Cut the watermelon, peach, nectarine into cubes (unless you're feeling creative and feel like cutting the watermelon into triangles or scooping them up into round shapes)
- Place it all into a bowl and season with 1 tbsp of vinegar, 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, drizzle some honey or agave, and of course don't forget the salt and pepper.
Simple, Fruity, Fresh, Juicy
Nectarines are also considered a type of peach
Peaches are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin E
Vitamin A... Protects eyes & supports night vision
Vitamin C... Helps our body get rid of waste
Vitamin B... Niacin, helps repair our DNA & produces energy
Vitamin E... Protects essential fats in our bod
*Note: All nutrition information are estimates. I am not a certified nutritionist.