Cauliflower, Turmeric & Coriander Seed Soup
"It [soup] breathes reassurance, it offers consolation; after a weary day it promotes sociability...There is nothing like a bowl of hot soup, it's wisp of aromatic steam teasing the nostrils into quivering anticipation."- Louis P. DeGouy, 1949
For our second soup, we’ll be making a Cauliflower, Turmeric, & Coriander Seed Soup.
Cauliflower is the palest member of the Brassica family.
The Brassica family is a group of cruciferous vegetables, also known as the cabbage family.
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- ½ Cauliflower head
- ¼ Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 Lemon juice
- Black sesame
- Pimento de Cayenne
- Chili flakes
- Cut the cauliflower in medium sized florets
- Cut the onion in medium sized pieces (doesn’t have to be too small since it will be cooked and blended)
- In a pot, place a little bit of coconut oil (or cooking/olive oil) on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot, sweat the onion, garlic, and cauliflower, season with salt, turmeric and powdered coriander seeds
- After 3-5mins of sweating, add water to the level and bring to boil to cook in ±10-15mins.
- Once cooked, place the soup mixture into a blender, add lemon juice and mix away until silky smooth (add some water if needed to adjust the consistency to your liking)
- Top it off with some sesame seeds, pimento or chili flakes
Bon appetit xox