Parsnip & Nutmeg Soup
In need of some comfort this eve? Look no further.
This 3 ingredient, 15mins soup is for you.
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 5 mins or less
Cook time: 10-15 mins
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Parsnip
- ¼ Onion
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Rock salt
- 1 tsp ginger (optional)
- Peel the parsnip and onion, & cut them into medium sized pieces
- In a pot, place a little bit of coconut oil on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot, sweat the onion, and parsnip, and season with salt and nutmeg (you can add a splash of ginger if you’d like)
- After 3-5mins of sweating, add water to the level and bring to boil to cook the parsnip in ±10mins.
- Once cooked, place the soup mixture into a blender, and mix away until silky smooth (add some water if needed to adjust the consistency to your liking)
- Top it off with some fresh parsley to counterbalance the woodiness of the parsnip, and add some freshness to the dish
Bon appetit! Xoxo