Butternut Squash & Cinnamon Soup
‘Soup puts the heart at ease, calms down the violence of hunger, eliminates the tension of the day, and awakens and refines the appetite’ Auguste Escoffier
Tis’ the season to have soup!
For our first soup, we’ll be making a 4 ingredient Butternut Squash & Cinnamon Soup.
It’s cozy, sweet, comforting, and just what the Dr. ordered as the cold starts to set in.
It also doesn't hurt that cinnamon has numerous beneficial health properties, such as:
- anti-inflammatory + antioxidant
- Helps regulate/lower blood sugar levels
- May help prevent degenerative diseases
- May help prevent heart disease
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins
Total time: ±25 mins
- ½ Butternut Squash
- ¼ Onion
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 or 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger (optional)
- Rock salt
- Splash of cinnamon
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Remove the butternut squash skin, peel the onion, and cut into medium sized pieces
- In a pot, place a little bit of olive oil or cooking oil on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot, sweat the onion, garlic, and butternut, season with salt, cinnamon and ginger (if you’d like)
- After 3-5mins of sweating, add water to the level and bring to boil to cook the butternut in ±10-15mins.
- Once cooked, place the soup mixture into a blender, and mix away until silky smooth (add some water if needed to adjust the consistency to your liking)
- Top it off with some chives, cinnamon splash, and pumpkin seeds
Bon appetit! xoxo