Baked Raw Cacao Sweet Potato Fries
So far, as part of the ‘Feeling Lazy’ series, we have:
Season 1, Episode 1, Baked Carrots Ginger & Thyme chips
Season 1, Episode 3, Baked Maple, Rosemary, Thyme, Ginger Turnip
Season 1, Episode 4, Baked Rosemary Garlic Parnsip Fries
Season1, Episode 5 is particularly special to me.
I learnt this recipe when doing my culinary school internship at La Guinguette d’Angele here in Paris, where I spent the most incredible three months with such positive, kind, energetic, side-splittingly funny people.
I am grateful to have them in my life, and am thinking of them tonight with this sweet, savory, and utterly delicious side dish.
Sweet potato is another one of my favorite root vegetables. They can be transformed in so many different ways, from roasted, to pureed, to grilled, to steamed, to baked, and they offer a wide variety of vitamins and health benefits, such as:
- Vitamin B6, which can help ward off degenerative diseases, including heart attacks
- Vitamin C, which can help in wound healing, in producing collagen, and maintaining a youthful glow
- Vitamin D, which can help build healthy bones, teeth, skin, heart, and can regulate your mood and energy levels
- Iron, to support our immune system
- Magnesium, which can help in managing stress, and relaxing
- Antioxidants, such as Carotenoids, which can help fight off cancer & aging
Now that you know why I love sweet potato so much, all that’s left to do is?
You guessed it… peel, cut, sprinkle and wait.
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 25 mins
Total time: 35mins
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Coconut Oil
- Raw Cacao
- Rock Salt
- Fresh chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius or 375 Farenheit
- Peel the sweet potato & cut into fries-like shapes
- Place your uncooked sweet potato fries in a bowl & drizzle some coconut oil and make sure they’re all coated
- Transfer onto a parchment paper
- Sprinkle some raw cacao, then cinnamon, then nutmeg evenly on both sides of your sweet potato fries
- Place in the oven, bake for 20-25mins
- Once they are cooked and slightly browned, take them out of the oven
Sweet & Savory, Crisp & Comfort
Note: I Am not a certified nutritionist. Please see full article referenced here.