Baked Cardamom & Cacao Parsnip Chips
We’ve acknowledged I think by now that I am a fan of parsnips. Big fan.
Its woodiness, earthiness, and starchy texture, keep this vegetable top-of-mind.
I decided to try this cardamom & cacao combo, which turned out really nicely.
Test it out!
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 5 mins
Bake time: 35mins
- 1 Parsnip
- Raw Cacao
- Piment de Cayenne
- Rock salt
Drizzle Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 195 Celsius or 375 Fahrenheit
- Peel the parsnip, then cut the circular/chips shape
- Lay down the fries on a parchment paper, dizzle your olive oil and make sure they are all coated nicely
- Sprinkle rock salt, cardamom, raw cacao, piment de cayenne, evenly on both sides
- Place in the oven, bake for ± 30mins (depending on how thin your slices are)
- Once they are golden brown, crunchy on the outside but tender on the inside, take them out
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top and enjoy
Starchy, Spicy, Chocolaty