5 Mins Peanut Butter Broccoli
When I created this side dish, all I could think was... 'Kids are finally going to love broccoli'!
I was always a fan of vegetables, even broccoli, when growing up; but I've met a lot of people (and kids) who just aren't fans.
I mean... I understand. Broccoli has a bushy and green exterior... Not the most appealing physique shall we say.
But, when given a chance, it can be crunchy, sweet, deliciously & bitterly balanced.
If you (as an adult) aren't a fan, this is your chance to give broccoli a do-over.
And if you have kids, what's the harm in trying a recipe that'll take 5-10 mins of your time, if it means your kids might finally join the 'we love broccoli' club?
Why not give it a go?
Prep Time: 5-10mins
Serves 1-2 person
- 1 Broccoli
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Tamari (GF) or Soy Sauce
- Dash of Black pepper
- Sunflower Seeds
For the broccoli,
- Cut off the large trunk and seperate the large broccoli head into smaller individual pieces ( you can conserve the trunk of the broccoli, and use it in a soup instead of throwing it)
- In a pot, add cold water and salt. Bring to boil
- Once the water is boiling, dip your broccoli in for literally 15 seconds
- Once dipped, take the broccoli out and place in a bowl with cold water + ice for few minutes to stop the cooking. This will allow your broccoli to remain a beautiful vibrant green color, as well as crunchy
- After a few minutes in the ice water, once the broccoli has cooled off, take it out of the ice water and place on a plate.
For the sauce,
- In a bowl. simply mix all ingredients with a mini-whisk or spoon until they are all blended together
- Drizzle it over the broccoli
- Add some fresh herbs or seeds, and finito!