Ooey Gooey Chocolate Seedy Cake Loaf [with a surprise ingredient!]
Sometimes when you're feeling under the weather, there is nothing better than to bake a cake. The best little pick me up, and it tastes so good!
I was never really a sweet tooth, but these desserts are deliciously tasty, not too sweet, and they hit all the right spots.
And it is made with zucchini!!! Our surprise ingredient! Who would've thought, you could bake a cake with zucchini. I didn't.
So fun, love trying something new. I hope you will too :)
- 1 cup zucchini heart (or simply 1 zucchini for now I will explain for the zucchini in the method portion)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 tbsp carob powder (or maca powder - optional)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large tbsp maizena
- 2 large tbsp oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp lin seeds (hello fiber!!!!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Peel your zucchini with a large blade peeler, until you get to the center where the seeds start to appear. Store your zoodles or zucchini noodles for later for a salad/dinner/lunch, as we will only be needing that middle part, the white part that is seedy
- Then, Blend all the ingredients mentioned above, except the pumpkin & lin seeds
- Grab a round 15x15cm mold or something of similar size, grease it up with a touch of olive oil or coconut oil
- Poor your chocolate mixture into the mold
- Then add your seeds all around evenly on top, pressing gently for them to sink into the cake mold (you could also add them to the blender at the very end, and just pulse once or twice to mix them in, but do not blend them, only pulse)
- Place in the oven for 27mins, let it cool a few mins (at least 15mins), then indulge!
XOXO Lots of love, thank you for reading and thank you for baking.