Creamy Thyme Polenta with Baked Thyme & Sage Zucchini, Leeks & Avocado
Bored of Quinoa? Rice? Looking for a change?
Polenta is a great cornmeal dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways... from boiled to baked to fried to grilled.
It can be made salty or sweet... Into a cake, a porridge, a little side dish.
& It is gluten free.
Polenta... ±25mins cook time
Baked veggies... ± 35mins cook time
Now, what do you need to make this creamy thyme polenta?
- 1 cup Polenta
- 4 cups of Water
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 3 tbsp dry or fresh Thyme
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth powder (or instead of 4 cups of water, 2 cups of water and 2 cups of vegetable broth)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp White pepper
- Place your water in a pot & bring to boil (while waiting for the water to boil, you can wash your zucchini and leek, and cut both to prep for baking)
- Once the water is boiling, pour your polenta in (and if you are using liquid vegetable broth, add in your vegetable broth now)
- Mix well, mix often until the polenta begins to thicken
- As it thickens, add in your fresh thyme, olive oil, white pepper, and almond milk and salt
- Then once it has thickened well, bring down the heat to medium
- It will take about 20mins to cook
- To check if it is done, taste the polenta and if it is no longer granular but rather smooth and creamy, it's done.
Now, for the baked veggies.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 leek
- Curry (optional)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Piment de cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven @200C
- Wash both the leek and the zucchini
- Cut your zucchini in half length wise, and then cut half moon shaped pieces
- Cut your leek also in half length wise and rise again, making sure there is no sand between the different leek layers, then cut in half width wise
- On a baking tray, place a parchment paper, and lay down all your vegetables as seen in the picture above
- Drizzle your olive oil, sprinkle your salt, pepper, thyme, sage
- On one or two pieces of the leeks, you can sprinkle curry instead of thyme and sage if you'd like to change it up a little
- Bake @200C for 35-40mins until golden brown
To make your bowl,
Place some creamy polenta with a side of veggies, sprinkle some spirulina and mix of seeds (pumpkin sunflower, poppy, lin seeds)
Add avocado seasoned with lemon and a pinch of salt
And enjoy putting such wonderful, whole ingredients into your body.
XOXO all my love, Sarah