5 Mins Giant (Vegan) Chocolate Almond Butter Salted Caramel Cookie
5 MINS PREP
Serves ONE (or two if you're willing to share)
CHOCOLATE, DATES, ALMOND BUTTER LOVERS.... WELCOME!
This giant cookie for One (or if you feel like sharing it can be for Two) is the perfect post-dinner treat or breakfast. It tastes like a cross between a chocolate cookie and a 'caramel beurre salé', if you're familiar with the french rich caramel treat.
The salt paired with the date and chocolate really gives the cookie an extra quick, and 'je ne sais quoi'.
It is so unbelievably easy to make as you can see in the video below, and takes only 5-20mins, tops!
Why not treat yourself?
So there are two options for this cookie, with the exact same outcome:
a delicious and nutritious, guilt-free cookie you can enjoy.
However, you can either make it with
or with buckwheat & millet flakes mix
and you can either make it
vegan by using vegan chocolate chips
The choice is yours!
You literally just have to substitute one for the other, using the same measuring cup.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 oats (or buckwheat / Millet flour mix half and half instead)
- 1 mejdool date
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (vegan or not)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or any nut milk)
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- In a bowl, add your dry ingredients first (oats, salt, baking powder)
- Remove the seed from the mejdool date, then cut into small pieces and add to your bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix all together
- Lay down a parchment paper on a baking tray, pour your cookie mixture onto it and mold the mixture into a ball
- Place in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown, crunchy on the outside and tender/moist on the inside.
Enjoy and indulge! remember, this is a guilt-free zone, where we put good, natural ingredients into our bodies.
Be kind to yourself, be kind to your body, and most importantly, always listen to your body.
All my love xox Please comment below if you have any feedback or suggestions.