Curry Loaded Chickpeas
Growing up in Dubai, Curry was a spice often used in many dishes. I have become quite a fan.
Marrying coconut milk with curry simply fills my heart (and stomach) with warmth, and provides a ‘gentle’ kick (depending on how generous you are with your curry powder).
Also, I recently discovered thanks to one of my talented friends and chef, Emilie Theurant, that leeks and curry go extremely well together.
This 6 ingredient recipe takes only 30 mins to prepare from beginning to feasting, and is one of my all time favorites.
It is a keeper for the upcoming fall and winter seasons! (especially those rainy Sundays)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25mins
- Leeks (or onions)
- Organic Chickpeas store-bought in glass or can
- Coconut Milk
- Garlic or Garlic paste
- Turmeric (just a splash for your immune system, Optional)
- In a pot, sweat the leeks with the curry powder, garlic and pinch of salt
- Add in the carrots and let them sweat too
- After a few mins of breaking a sweat, add in the coconut milk and let it simmer for about 10 mins
- Finally, turn off the heat and add in the chickpeas and a dash of turmeric. And Presto!