Chocolate Lovers' Cake
When I was getting to know one of my best friends in college, she once said to me 'I'm not a chocolate person'. I [almost literally] fell off my chair, baffled.
As you've probably already guessed, I do enjoy chocolate, quite a bit.
This homemade raw vegan chocolate mousse cake will not disappoint!
It is easy to make, sweet but not too sweet, and full of nutrients. All you need is some parchment paper, a food processor and any round or square mold.
Prep time: 10 mins
Serves 3-4 people
For the CRUST
- 4 dattes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cacao powder
- ¼ cup sunflower & hemp seeds
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
For the CHOCOLATE FILLING
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cacao
- 1 avocado
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- Coconut flakes
- Goji berries
- For the crust, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend
- Place/line parchment paper inside your mold of choice and lay the blended crust mixture down evenly
- Place the crust in the freezer while you work on your chocolate mousse
- For the chocolate mousse, also combine all ingredients in your food processor and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy
- Place the chocolate mousse over your crust, spreading it evenly, and leave it in the freezer to sit for about 1.5 hours or keep in the fridge overnight
Creamy, Chocolaty, Smooth
Avocado is a fruit, high in omega 3 fatty acids (the good kind of fat)
Avocado monosaturated fats can help lower bad cholesterol and improve heart health
Avocados are rich in vitamin K, Folate, vitamin C, Potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin E
Potassium… is linked to reducing high blood pressure
Folate… encourages normal cholesterol levels, supports normal fetal development, provides neurological support, may reduce the risk of stroke
*Note: All nutrition information are estimates. I am not a certified nutritionist.