Baked Paprika & Cumin Chicken
I recently started re-introducing chicken into my diet, and very much enjoyed this easy baked chicken recipe.
The baked chicken is on a bed of beetroot, carrot, turnip & parsley, with a side of avocado and a boiled egg.
You can always exclude any of the elements in this recipe, for example, just bake the chicken with some parsnip fries!
Serves: 1 person
- Chicken: Prep time: 5 mins + bake time: ±10-15mins
- Carrots & Turnip: Prep time: 5 mins + cook time: 2mins
- Beetroot Cook time: 20-30 mins
- Boiled egg Cook time: 6mins
- Total time: 30-40 mins
- Chicken Breast (Organic Thin Sliced)
Seasoning for chicken
Dressing for the vegetables
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Hemp seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Roasted Almonds
Tip: cook the beetroot in one pot,
blanch the carrot & turnip in another pot,
and boil the egg is the carrot & turnip pot once you’ve blanched them.
Note: If you are not a fan of beetroot, you can substitute it for any other vegetable or simply take it out.
For the beetroot,
- Place them in water and bring to boil (time to cook depends on the size but start checking after ±20mins).
- Once cooked, peel, cut into small pieces, and store in the fridge
For the chicken,
- Place thinly sliced organic chicken breast on a parchment paper
- Season by sprinkling salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika and cumin on both sides
- Place in the oven for about 10-15mins depending on the thickness of your chicken slice
For the carrot & Turnip
- Peel and cut into small pieces
- In a pot, place cold water and some salt, bring to boil
- Once the water is boiling, simply dip your carrot and turnip for 1-2 minutes then take it out
- Place on ice or run under cold water to stop the cooking
For the parsley,
- Chop it up, thinly
For the boiled egg,
- Check out my boiled egg to perfection link here
For the final touches,
- Once everything is ready, place the carrot, turnip, beetroot and parsley at the bottom of your bowl, and season with some lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Then add the pieces of chicken breast on top with a side of avocado
- You can also add toppings such as sunflower seeds, hemp seeds or roasted almonds
Protein, Non-vegan, Easy-bake, Herbaceous