Butternut Smoothie Bowl
With Halloween approaching, it only seems fitting to work with butternut or pumpkin. Just for fun.
You can actually use pumpkin for this recipe instead of butternut, if you’d prefer. It’ll taste just as good.
I wouldn’t normally think to have butternut for breakfast to be honest. It’s more of a lunch or dinner item usually.
But combined with the spices in this recipe, the banana and toppings… I must say I surprised myself. (In a good way).
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Serves 1-2 persons
- ½ butternut pureed (or pumpkin)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- Tip: If like me, you are making the pumpkin or butternut puree yourself, I suggest you do it the night prior. You can then store it in the fridge to cool down overnight, ready in time for breakfast.
- If you use butternut or pumpkin puree that’s store bought, that’s fine. This recipe will only take you 5-10 mins then.
- If not, simply place the butternut or pumpkin in cold water, bring to boil and cook for about 15 mins. Then blend it all in your food processor, let it cool off a bit at room temperature, and then place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, place your pumpkin puree and your spices together in the blender, and mix until smooth
Add toppings and enjoy!
- Roasted Almonds
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Sprinkled
- Sunflower seeds or Pumpkin Seeds