Baked Rosemary Potatoes
I don't think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn't like potatoes. Have you?
Potatoes belong to the nightshade family, whose other members include tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, etc. There are over 100 varieties of edible potatoes.
Potatoes can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, from mashed, to roasted or baked, to boiled, etc.
Potatoes offer numerous health benefits, such as:
- Blood pressure lowering potential
- Vitamin B6… builds new cells, protects cardiovascular activity, and stimulates athletic performance & endurance
- A good source of potassium
- Only 160 calories for 1 cup… if you do not fry or cover with butter or other unhealthy fats
This recipe serves 1 person
Prep Time: 5mins
Bake Time: ±15-20mins
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 Potato
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chili flakes
- Preheat the oven @190 celcius
- Peel the potato & the onion
- Cut both into small pieces (any shape you’d like is fine)
- Place a parchment paper on a baking tray
- Place the potato on the parchment paper, and scatter the onion around the pieces of potato to add flavor
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, rosemary, cayenne pepper evenly around
- Place in the oven @190 celcius for ±15 mins (depending on the size of your potatoes)
- Remove once they are golden brown, crunchy around the edges but tender on the inside
- Add toppings & enjoy
Starchy, Homey, Fresh, Fulfilling
Note: I Am not a certified nutritionist. Please see full article referenced here.
Check out the video to these baked Oregano Paprika Potatoes, same principe :)